Title IX has provided many opportunities for women worldwide. Growing up in the 1950’s, my mother didn’t get to play sports. Both she and I are grateful I got the opportunity to compete and showcase my talent to the world. I am a better person because I am an athlete. My health, wellness, and body image have improved. I am persistent, am a better leader and have better self-confidence all because of my experiences in sports. I am inspired to continue to improve the chances for career and competitive advancement for women in sports.
- Olympic gold medalist (London 2012 – Track & Field)
- Olympic s silver medalist (Athens 2004 – Track & Field)
- Olympic silver medalist (Sochi 2014 – Bobsled)
- Three-time World championship gold medalist (2006, 2007 – Track & Field)
- First American woman to medal at the Summer and Winter Olympic games